(BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF INDIA)
DOORDARSHAN KENDRA: JALANDHAR
PUNJAB (Pin Code-144001)
RTI Act 2008
36. Power to Make Regulations.
1 The Corporation may, by notification, make regulations not inconsistent with this Act and the rules made thereunder for enabling it to perform its functions under this Act.
2 Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power such regulations may provide for all or/any of the following matters, namely
- the manner in which and the purposes for which the Corporation may associate with itself any person under sub-section (7) of section 3;
- the times and places at which meetings of Board shall be held and, the procedure to be followed thereat, and the quorum necessary for the transaction of the business at a meeting of the Board under sub-section (1) of section 8;
- the methods of recruitment and conditions of service of officers and other employees of the Corporation under sub-section (2) of section 9;
- the remuneration and other conditions of service, including pension, leave and provided fund in relation to an officer or other employee of the Corporation under sub-section (4) of section 11;
- The authority competent to make certain appointments referred to in clause (a) of sub-section (6) of section 11;
- the services which may be provided by the Corporation under clause (f) of sub-section (3) of section 12;
- the determination and levy of fees and other service charges in respect of advertisements and other programmes under sub-section (7) of section 12;
- the manner in which and the period within which complaints may be made under sub-section (2) of section 15;
- any other matter in respect of which provision is, in the opinion of the Corporation, necessary for the performance of its functions under this Act:
Provided that the regulations under clause (c) or clause (d) shall be made only with the prior approval of the Central Government.