(BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF INDIA)
DOORDARSHAN KENDRA: JALANDHAR
PUNJAB (Pin Code-144001)
28. Report to Parliament in certain matters and recommendations as to action against the Board.
- Where the Board persistently makes default in complying with any directions issued under section 23 or fails to supply the information required under section 24, the Central Government may prepare a report thereof and lay it before each House of Parliament for any recommendation thereof as to any action (including supersession of the Board) which may be taken against the Board.
- On the recommendation of the Parliament, the President may by notification supersede the Board for such period not exceeding six month, as may be specified in the notification: Provided that before issuing the notification under this sub-section, the President shall give a reasonable opportunity to the Board to show cause as to why it should not be superseded and shall consider the explanations and objections, if any, of the Board.
- Upon the publication of the notification under sub-section (2),--
(a) all the Members shall, as from the date supersession,
vacate their offices as such;
(b) all the powers, functions and duties which may, by or under the provision of this Act be exercised or discharged by or on behalf of the Board, shall until the Board is reconstituted under this Act, be exercised and discharged by such person or persons as the President may direct.
- On the expiration of the period of supersession specified in the notification issued under sub-section (2), the President may reconstitute the Board by fresh appointments, and in such a case any person who had vacated his office under clause (a) of sub-section (3) shall not be disqualified for appointment: Provided that the President may, at any time before the expiration of the period of supersession, take action under this sub-section.
- The Central Government shall cause the notification issued under-sub-section (2) and a full report of the action taken under this section to be laid before each House of Parliament.