4. Appointment of Chairman and other Members.
(BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF INDIA)
DOORDARSHAN KENDRA: JALANDHAR
PUNJAB (Pin Code-144001)
- The Chairman and the other Members, except the ex-officio Members, the Nominated Member and the elected Members shall be appointed by the President of India on the recommendation of a committee consisting of –
- the Chairman of the Council of States, who shall be the Chairman of the Committee;
- the Chairman of the Press Council of India established under section 4 of the Press Council Act, 1978; and
- one nominee of the President of India.
- No appointment of a Member shall be invalidated merely by reason of any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the committee appointed under sub-section (1).
- The Chairman and the Part-time Members shall be persons of eminence in Public life; the Executive Member shall be a person having special knowledge or practical experience in respect of such matters as administration, management, broadcasting, education, literature, culture, arts, music, dramatics or journalism; the Member (Finance) shall be person having special knowledge or practical experience in respect of financial matters and the Member (Personnel) shall be a person having special knowledge or practical experience in respect of personnel management and administration.
- The recommendations made by the committee constituted under sub-section (1) shall be binding for the purposes of appointments under this section.