(BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF INDIA)
DOORDARSHAN KENDRA: JALANDHAR
PUNJAB (Pin Code-144001)
Prasar Bharati (Broadcasting Corporation of India)
3. Establishment and composition of Corporation.
- With effect from such date as the Central Government may by notification appoint in this behalf, there shall be established for the purposes of this Act a Corporation, to be known as the Prasar Bharati (Broadcasting Corporation of India).
- The Corporation shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract, and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
- The headquarters of the Corporation shall be at New Delhi and the Corporation may establish offices, kendras or stations at other places in India and, with the previous approval of the Central Government, outside India.
- The general superintendence, direction and management of the affairs of the Corporation shall vest in the Prasar Bharati Board which may exercise all such powers and do all such acts and things as may be exercised or done by the Corporation under this Act.
- The Board shall consist of --------
- one Executive Member;
- one Member (Finance);
- one Member (Personnel);
- six Part-time Members;
- Director-General (Akashvani), ex-officio;
- Director-General (Doordarshan), ex-officio;
- one representative of the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, to be nominated by that Ministry; and
- two representatives of the employees of the Corporation, of whom one shall be elected by the engineering staff from amongst themselves and one shall be elected by the other employee from amongst themselves.
- The Corporation may appoint such committees as may be necessary for the efficient performance, exercise and discharge of its functions, powers and duties:
Provided that all or a majority of the members of each committee shall be Members and a member of any such committee who is not a Member shall have only the right to attend meetings of the committee and take part in the proceedings thereof, but shall not have the right to vote.
- The Corporation may associate with itself, in such manner and for such purposes as may be provided by regulations, any person whose assistance or advice it may need in complying with any of the provisions of this Act and a person so associated shall have the right to take part in the discussions of the Board relevant to the purposes for which he has been associated, but shall not have the right to vote.
- No act or proceeding of the Board or of any committee appointed by it under sub-section (6) shall be invalidated merely by reason of---
- any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Board or such committee; or
- any defect in the appointment of a person acting as a Member or a member of such committee; or
- any irregularity in the procedure of the Board or such committee not affecting the merits of the case.